Sunday, March 1, 2015

Wiping Off All E-mails on Yahoo Mail in one Go

I have >100k mails on my Yahoo Mail that I never checked for like >4 years. With >100k mails, anybody with a sane mind wouldn't have gone the extra mile trying to browse through each and every single one of them. Luckily, I happen to be one of the sane minds and I wanted every email wiped off my account so I googled to find out if I'd be able to do just that in one shot but to no avail.

By accident, I found out that if I switched to the new Yahoo Mail setting, there'd be this magical scroll bar on the right that of course would make the tedious 'evidence cleanup' process a whole lot easier. If you don't switch to the new setting, the maximum number of emails you can delete in one go is either 25 or 50. The scroll bar proves useful. The maximum number of emails I've ever deleted was 5k and it was already a lot for me. If you're diligent enough to scroll further toward the end (if you can stand the lag), you will definitely be able to wipe off more than what I've tried up until now or even possibly everything on your account.

I'll go through the important steps in switching from a basic account to the newest setting if you haven't already done so. 

1. The image below is a basic account that hasn't been switched to the newest setting. Note there's no scroll bar on the right and if you click on the select all button top left, you will be able to delete 25 or 50 emails at one time, depending on your account setting, 
Basic Yahoo Mail setting without the scroll bar
2. The image below shows you how to switch to the new Yahoo Mail setting. Note the red arrow. Click on 'Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail'.
Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail
3. Once you've switched to the new setting, it will look something like below. Note the scroll bar on the right. This scroll bar is an important tool to get as many emails as possible to be deleted.  

With the newest yahoo mail setting on, you may notice that things are going at the pace of a snail. If that's the case, once you're done with wiping off everything, you can switch back to the basic setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment